Bio mom did call for a visit that Friday after court. The agency worker explained that he encouraged mom to continue to work her hardest to get Sprout back and I do not understand that AT ALL. If the judge ordered T*PR doesn't that mean that she'll lose him anyway!?!? I'm a bit confused. I've already placed a call into the county worker to possibly have some questions answered. I am interested in knowing what to expect these next few months.
The agency worker came to pick the baby up and my first thought was that bio mom would run with him. At the chance of sounding paranoid, I told the worker. He said he had the same thought. He assured me that he'd be checking in during the visit.
It went well and surprisingly, bio mom did not call for the next visit. I thought maybe she was giving up. She did call for a visit a week later though. (Last Friday). I offered to pick Sprout up and met the agency worker at the agency office which happens to be 2 blocks from the bio mom's house. I went in to see if the worker had picked up Sprout yet and he was there playing in the toy room. We walked out the front of the building to my parked car and bio mom walked by. She kind of caught me off guard and started telling me all about the visit. She had on a cute baby doll dress that fell a bit above her knee. When the wind blew just right I saw a belly on her. The worker must have seen my face because he immediately said (and repeated) "Don't say anything". She finally left and I just looked at him. I asked if she is pregnant and he said "does it matter??!". I said yes and explained that I ONLY have SO MUCH room in my car! He laughed and said "well, if she is, she will most likely surrender rather than go through TP*R". Not sure if she is or not. I guess we'll see. If I had to guess I'd say she had a 3 or 4 month belly. I know I've though this earlier and I hope I'm wrong again...
She did make Monday's visit this week. So now we just see for tomorrow (Wednesday).
1 comment:
It is at this time that visits should cease in my opinion. When the courts decide the child will be adopted it is time for a "goodbye visit" and let everyone go on with their lives. Sounds cruel but it is the best for the child especially when the child is so young and can't understand and even more so important when the bios are sporadic in visits. But I know you already know all of this. Unfortunately it isn't about the children. UGH
Post a Comment