It's the weekend. Quick note to bring you up to date in this foster home. Lil Peanut is growing well. He is up to 14 pounds 5 ounces from the measly 9 pounds 4 ounces he came to us at. He is now 7 months old and LONG and skinny. The county is still working on the I$CPC so he can be sent down to be with his twin brother. I am in close contact with the family member that has his twin. They are identical baby boys. Aside from his twin being a bit bigger and stronger they are both as sweet as can be.
Sprout is getting a bit more fresh and gaining attitude. Not sure if it has to do with the visit change (we just changed the visit one day a week from morning to afternoon...number of hours are still the same). I expressed my concern with the county worker and she seems to think it is age appropriate BUT she doesn't know him like I do. We see Sprout back to his normal happy self usually by Sunday afternoon then we have to send him for a visit again on Monday :( I will continue to speak my opinion and see if anything can be done to see what his 'triggers' are.
I spoke briefly about my hubby's cousin's baby that was born last fall. We are still actively seeking to bring him home to be a part of our family. His mother will not be a part of his life but his father is working an aggressive case plan in hopes of parenting his son alone. From what I've heard (second hand through hubby's family) it seems that dad will not be able to be a long term resource for this baby. We have already contacted the director of youth services in the county in which he is placed and his law guardian. They are both more than aware of our intentions. They are 6 hours away and will not let us take him until there are no more efforts made on the father's behalf to be reunited with his son. Still trusting God's hand in this. His fingerprints have been ALL over this case since the moment I found out about his birth. Even if the ONLY reason we were made aware of him was to pray for him...I'm ok with that. I think God knows what He's doing a bit more than I do :) Thanks for your prayers in this situation. I covet them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment