Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
February 29, 2012
So, last week there was a vacation day, Monday. On Wednesday, Sprout's bio mom was a no show, no call. When asked later why she missed she said she was at the Doctor. Hmmmm. Then, last Friday the agency worker dropped him off for his 4 hours visit. As far as I know, everything went well. When he was brought home late on Monday of this week, the worker informed me that bio mom took him for a bus ride with her 'friends'. I know I'm not really allowed to freak out...but I did. No more details were given but I know that it was documented. When I asked if she was allowed to take him on the bus he gave me a firm "NO". Today is Wednesday. I dropped him off at D$$ for his 3 hours with his bio and after about 20 minutes I got a call from the agency worker asking me to please pick him up after an hour and a half. He explained that she brought a microwave lunch for him and they had no microwave to heat it up. When I dropped him off with her I explained that woke up late ( 9am) and that he was ready for BREAKFAST. It drives me crazy that she has no common sense :( He was so excited to see my hubby and I when we went to get him and he immediately started signing 'more' and 'eat'. It's the last day of February. We go back to court in May. She has a LONG road ahead of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment