Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
December 19, 2011
Was up most of last night wondering if Sprout will be going home. I know that I am only a foster parent but this boy has grown in our hearts. The thought of him leaving us breaks me but I am trying so hard to focus on the fact that I am called to love him while he's here. December 2010 through April 2011 his bio mom came to visits religiously. Then, late April through November she made about 40 % of the visits but no doctor's appointments. In November at court the judge really laid it on her saying that if she didn't get her act together she'd be losing another child to the system. She has made every visit since November 4th. She enrolled in the classes she had to and is looking into getting her GED. My fear is that they will send him home on her visiting alone and I know that she is unable to parent him due to her lack of cognitive ability. I'm sure he endures his visit knowing that I will be there to pick him up after but the thought of him having to spend the night with her waiting for me....breaking my heart :/ Our next court date is in January. To say the least...I am FREAKING OUT! :*(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The foster care roller coaster strikes again. It is so hard, I know. I would be freaking out too. But, I don't have to remind you that God is in control. I like to be in control and don't know many women who don't prefer it that way :) but you know God is so much better at all this than we are. :) Hang on to Him!
i can relate...and yes, on paper you are "only the foster parent"...but to HIM you are mommy and you are doing everything you can. that is all there is to do.
It is a rough road we travel in foster care. Heart jerking and so hard for us at times. I hope you find peace where the upcoming court date is concerned.
Post a Comment