Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

December 26, 2011

HaPPy FiRsT BiRthDaY SpRouT!!!

We are FINALLY at our 12 month mark that NO RELATIVE can step up and take him from us.  The agency worker came to pick him up for his birthday/Christmas visit with his mother.  She was given 2 hours for his birthday visit and 1 hour for Christmas.  The agency worker told me how it went when he brought Sprout home.  He said that when he got to her house she was all dressed up with a smash cake for him but no one else was there.  Her mother (bio grandma) couldn't take off work so she couldn't pick up Sprout's aunts for the party.  The worker was very symPATHETIC when he was telling he how bad he felt that she was all dressed up...alone.  He said that he video'd and took pictures of Sprout and his mom playing together.  She also gave him a $5 bill to give to me to buy him something because "I'd know what he wanted".  It kind of bothers me that the worker wasn't more aggressive in telling her that she had plenty of time to plan for not only a party...but a gift.  I missed seeing him for his birthday and not only that, he napped at her house AND when he got home.  I was concerned that she might be putting something in his bottle to make him sleep because he's been sleeping for 12 hours all night then going to a visit and sleeping for an hour or so.  There's no way to tell and I know I'd sound like a psycho if I told the worker my suspicions.  We really only saw Sprout for a few hours on his birthday but we were able to celebrate that night.  His well baby visit is tomorrow so will update his stats then.  He is doing well with Peanut.  He LOVES to kiss him :)  Our next court date is January.  I'm hoping that the judge sees how bio mom has progressed and gives her another 3 months till our next court date.  I think she'll give up then.  There's no way to tell WHAT she's thinking.  If he gives her overnights in January I think he'll be traumatized.  I know that God has a plan for Sprout.  I just wish he'd let ME in on it :)  More soon...

1 comment:

MamaFoster said...

Love that there's seems to be no penalty for her no call no show for the last visit. Hang in there!