So much going on this past week. Peanut is almost definitely leaving in June to go live with his aunt. CP$ from our county has been in close contact with CP$ in her state and they are telling me that I.C.PC (Interstate Compact) will take about 6 months. Peanut is growing well and since his formula change he is a happier boy. I know he's already gained over a pound in the 3 weeks he's been here. He's grown (length) too. Can't wait to see what happens with him...
Sprout had his one year check up and bio mom did show up for the appointment. The only thing she was concerned with was how things will look in court. She has never been one to ask how he is doing or what he likes. It frustrates me to think that she has the potential to get him back when she really doesn't 'get it'. Sprout is now 20 pounds. He had to have 4 shots and was not a happy boy. I felt so bad that I couldn't even hold him. At one point he was screaming and she was so flustered that she couldn't calm him down. You'd think that mothering instinct would kick and but I truly don't think she has any of that. The agency worker was there and did observe the same things that I did. She gets clearly stressed when he is fussing and won't calm down. At one point after his shots I took him and he snuggled into me and calmed down immediately. His next court date is in a few weeks. Not sure what will happen with his case. Hoping bio mom's lack of ability to care for him comes to the light before then.
2 comments:
I so wish that they would look at all the other kids she has lost already
We are also struggling with a Bio Moms lack of meeting the needs of The Baby. We have court on the 13th and I just hope the judges eyes are OPENED.
Post a Comment