Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 15, 2010

I have to be honest. I am SO discouraged. I really, truly do KNOW that God has a plan. I'm just beginning (on continuing) to question whether or not that 'plan' includes us adding a child to our family through adoption. What can I do but pray and wait? "For I know the plans I have for you.." says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

oh friend, you are such an encouragement to me...I know you know HE is in control, but that doesn't take away the pain of walking the road you/we are.

we both got into this to adopt, not be mommies that loose kids...i have been questioning if all this...i feel the only way for me to be happy if for others to be in pain (these families loosing the rights to their children) and it is staying to weigh heavily on me.

hard.

these phone calls you are getting are driving even me nuts, and them saying things like "we can't have you sending kids back" is offensive-that is NOT what happened.

i'll be praying for you.

"When one door closes another one opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

(Alexander Graham Bell)

let's hope that our closed doors mean others are swinging WIDE open!

FootPrints said...

i am praying for you. for us. for all foster moms. it is quite a journey god has chosen us for. it is so hard to give up control over someone so precious. but as you said - He plans lives.