Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 20, 2010

The home finder was supposed to come first thing Monday morning to re-certify us for the next year for fostering. This would be our first face to face meeting and I was prepared to tell her exactly how I felt about her comment regarding me 'sending them back'. My hubby thinks I am very non confrontational around D$$ and this goes against my usual 'tell it like it is' personality. I had Pickle Fri, Sat and Sun. I planned on getting the house in order on Sunday night when the baby left. When Pickle is here I don't do laundry, clean or do dishes. He is the sweetest baby and deserves my undivided attention :) So, needless to say I was up pretty late cleaning the house (which needed to be done anyway!) I went to bed in the early hours of Monday morning and set the alarm for 6am to finish up. I wanted everything in perfect order to make a good first impression. Well, she called at 8:45 am and cancelled. She said she had a procedure done on Friday and thought she'd be ok but wasn't. Ahhhhh.
And the journey goes on...

No comments: