I can't begin to tell you HOW WONDERFUL it is to have a baby in the house. Everyone is fighting over holding Pickle {in a good way} and he is eating up every bit of attention. It seems like every time he does something he's waiting for a standing ovation. I'm sure some would consider this over-stimulation...but who cares! We only have a few days left with him and we're enjoying EVERY minute!!! I fell onto this scripture the other day...through someone else's blog. I've heard it many times before but never really looked at the context...this version is from Eugene*Peterson*s 'The Message'.
"If GOD doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks. If GOD doesn't guard the city, the night watchman might as well nap." Psalm 127:1
"It is USELESS to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don't you know HE enjoys giving REST to those HE loves?" Psalm 127:2
"Don't you see that children are GOD'S best gift? The fruit of the womb HIS generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arross are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how BLESSED are YOU parents, with your quivers FULL of children!" Psalm 127:3-4
It just reminds me even though I KNOW that my desire to adopt is GOD GIVEN...it doesn't matter HOW MANY doors I try to 'break down' or how many windows to try to 'sneak in' to bring a baby into this house... HE IS IN CONTROL. And to be blunt...I DON'T WANT to adopt if it's NOT HIS WILL for our family!!! When this little Pickle leaves we will be 'empty' again. I'm ok with that. I am FULLY trusting that in HIS time and in HIS way...HE will bring us that baby HE wants us to have ..IF IT'S HIS WILL!!!! He is faithful...
2 comments:
AMEN!!! :o)
great verses, i know exactly how you feel!
Post a Comment