Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 5, 2010

Pickle is back!  He did great with his mom for the weekend.  It's so nice to have something GOOD to tell about the foster care system.  His mom admitted that she 'messed up' but realized that Pickle is the best thing in her life and she's glad that her life is back in order.  I am SO happy for her.  Looking at the case now, he should be home in NO time!!!  I am thinking of telling her to keep my number is she needs anything.  She lives a few miles away.  Not sure if she'd like to put the whole foster care experience behind her but I think he's young enough not to remember anything.  I'll tell her later this week...she can do what she wants with my number...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Pickle may never remember you specifially, but he will have an emotional memory of what it was like to have someone who loved and prayed for him everyday.

Thanks for visiting my blog, today.

Kristi

Bones said...

Ok, I think Pickle is DOGGONE cute!!!!!!!!

Leah Wentzel said...

i hope she does well and this all ends quickly. right now i am having a hard time with ALL people who have gotten their kids taken away, it is hard to see them as just people who made mistakes...