Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
April 12, 2010
If there's one thing that I've learned during this entire fostering journey...it has to be to trust God more. It's been 5 long years of waiting for the 'right one' to come into our house to complete our family. At the time, Baby C was not the right one for us because he wasn't walking or talking at 21 months. We were scared for his future despite hours and hours of therapies. He is now a happy, healthy 4 year old and his adoptive parents have fostered and adopted his full bio baby sister. With my sweet boy, Felix...bringing that baby home from the hospital was THE BEST experience of my life {next to giving birth to my own babies}. Holding and loving him was a gift that I know was straight from God himself. Losing him hurt. BAD! There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him and what 'might have been' had we had the chance to make him a forever part of our family. I'm not sure what God had in mind when he thought I could handle giving him to his grandmother then going on to live the rest of my life without him... But here I am. Still. A little piece of my heart is with that 2 year old boy... I know that God knew that Felix needed me more than I needed him. I'm ok with that. Then came sweet Daisy. We had 12 months of giggles and her sweet smile. We handed her over to her adoptive family and here it is {almost} a year later and her adoption STILL is not finalized. I know that God has a reason. She's thriving. We're ok. Arizona and Lil' Man are on their way home this week to be reunited with their mother. The purpose for them being here? I'll never know...but deep down I know that they'll remember the singing and hugs and who knows? Maybe they'll sing to their OWN kids one day. Pickle has a mom who adores him and he is still young enough to not remember his time in care. His foster mom and her family...WONDERFUL people. But I can't help but remember her telling us when he came into care. 3am July 4th. She said D*S*S called her twice because the first time she said no. Our house was 'empty'. We weren't called...once. Later that day Arizona, Lil' Man and Owen were taken into care and I wasn't called then either. I wasn't called until 2 days later. God??? I know that if WE were called for Pickle he still would be going home. And we'd be here getting ready to pack up his things and say goodbye...again. Last week in our local paper there was a story of possible abuse and a 16 month old boy was brought into care. Again, we weren't called. Should I be worried? Or should I just trust that God knows the desires of my heart and that He will fill it in HIS time and in HIS way... It's SO easy to look at the situation and feel discouraged. I refuse. I am resting in knowing that when it's time...God will give us the greatest blessing we could ever imagine. And until then... I'll wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I totally understand how you feel. With Aidan, we truly believed he was staying. We were told repeatedly he was staying! The foster mom who had his sisters DID NOT WANT HIM! And yet, after 10 months of believing he was "ours" she changed her mind.
I know how hard it is, waiting. But don't give up! And every time you take another child, even for just a week, you ARE making a difference in thier life!
I think every "starfish" that is lucky enough to pass your way is blessed. God is good.
His timing is always better. Not Easy, but better than anything we can imagine.
i totally understand about not getting calls you think you should have, I have been struggling with that too. in fact, i just had a friend who is licensed thru my same agency email me to tell me that the agency has a 16 mo. old little boy that needs to be adopted that they called her about!
I never even got a call, I have NEVER gotten a call about an adoptive placement. It is just hard to trust these people who seem to have a hard time doing their job but over all I do look at it like God using even their errors in judgement to bring us the right kids and keep the ones not for us not here.
I remember feeling the way you do, for years... I can definitely tell you, I had doubts that my prayers would be answered....
But, they were.
Continue to pray. He is listening.
Post a Comment