Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

October 20, 2009

"I am one person. How can I possibly change the world???"

That thought went through my head last night as I got Arizona up for school and encouraged him to eat his breakfast. That thought went through my head as I put him on the bus and prayed that God would protect his body and mind from harm. That thought went through my head as I waved while the bus drove away. That thought went through my head as I peeked in on Lil' Man and heard him singing in his crib. That thought went through my head as I dressed him and he hugged my neck. That thought went through my head as I got ready for my day and had 2 extra beds to make. That thought went through my head as I watched Arizona and Lil' Man play together in the bath and share the toys with hardly any fighting. That thought went through my head as I dressed them for bed and Arizona asked me to rub his tummy and kiss his head. That thought went through my head as I snuggled Lil' Man and kissed him goodnight. That thought went through my head as I closed the door on another day that God blessed me with to make a difference in the life of a child.

3 comments:

Bones said...

What a beautiful description of a mother's love. You're one awesome momma! This makes me think of Romans 12:1: So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.

Leah Wentzel said...

"You can't save the whole world by helping one child, but by helping one child you can change their whole world."

i ran across that today and after reading your post i thought of it again

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Like your blog It matters to "this one" The startfish poem just made my hubby who is not even very emotional burst into tears when her heard that phrase.