Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 13, 2009

OK. I'm back. The last 2 posts were actually typed through my tears (last week) as my fingers found their way through a flooded keyboard. (How's THAT for a run on sentence?!?!) My sweet Daisy has been gone for more than a full week now. The house is back to where is was before she came. As I washed the windows and glass doors I realized that I was probably wiping away the rest of her tiny little fingerprints. I have to be honest...either I'm completely functioning in God's grace or my heart is cold...but I am doing ok. I had a few rough days but overall I am just thankful that I know she is where she is supposed to be. I got an email from her new mom the morning after Daisy left. It went something like this....


Dear former foster parents (she really didn't write this but you get the idea),
We want to thank you for the joy that you have brought into our lives. We can only imagine how hard it was to let Daisy go today. On the day we met her you told us you had been praying that she would find her forever family , we have also been praying for a forever child to cherish and love and when we met her we had no doubt that God had finally answered our prayers. I have longed to be a mother for many years and my husband has always wanted to be a dad someday, but when we couldn't conceive we thought our dream would not come true. but thanks to the loving decision you both made, He and I now have a family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. ~Daisy's new family



Can I just tell you how excited I was to see that??!? I know she is loved. I know her needs are met. I know she is where she is supposed to be. That helped me 'move on'. But remnants of our sweet girl are still in our every day life. I found some socks in the dryer and the empty car seat still sits in the garage. Some days have been easier than others but...we're ok. I have way too much time on my hands now though. I have read, slept, cleaned and walked. I have shopped, gone for a drive and had lunch out with friends. I think the only time I am truly happy is when I have someone to take care of. Sometimes I think I'd much rather be sleep deprived with overflowing laundry and have a baby in the house.... :) I haven't heard from DSS. I have been told (thanks Lynee) to call DSS and let them know EXACTLY what I want. Although we have 2 openings here...I don't think ANYONE up there would assume we would want twins. But just in case...I'll let them know. Anyway, that's the update here. I've always said there's not much drama in our life without the drama that DSS brings.


3 comments:

The Brothers said...

Yeah - You need a boy this time (or 2)! It's what your heart desires and you deserve it! God already showed you that you're on the right track, so go for it!
Good job with Daisy. You made 2 peoples' life-long dreams come true, not to mention the new Grandparents, Aunties, etc!
God has used you. Well done.
Oh, and yeah, use whatever you want off my page...

Mrs. Breum said...

I can't imagine anything better than that ending in this difficult situation- what a relief to know she is being taken care of.

I still occasionally find things (under things that haven't been moved for awhile, in bags/purses, pockets, etc). It still makes me cry.

You gave her such a gift. Thank you for taking care of her! I am excited for a little boy in the future to come "home" to you.

Bones said...

God bless you. I have tears.