Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 15, 2009

Yesterday. The phone rang. It was D*S*S. The worker wanted to know if we'd be willing to do respite for a baby girl at the end of the month. Only for a weekend. The conversation went like this...

me---> "Of course...who are her foster parents?"

her--->"oh, Jon and Jane Doe. They'll be going out of town for a long weekend"

me--->"I know them...I did respite for Buddy when they had him."

her--->"Yes. They're good people. This baby is 2 months old."

me--->"really? what's her name?"

her--->"Tulip"

me--->"Seriously??? Tulip??? Is this Daisy's cousin?"

her--->"Yes. This is Daisy's cousin. She came into care this week."

me--->"wow. yeah. definitely. I'll do it."

Now. If you're wondering HOW I knew it was Daisy's baby cousin...she has an EXTREMELY unique name. In fact, when I heard that she was born (through Psycho Chick) I was like...really...they're gonna name this poor innocent baby....THAT!?!?!? So, yes. At the end of the month I have the privilege (and I AM honored!!) to do respite for Tulip. At least I have something to look forward to... :)


1 comment:

The Brothers said...

Oh, that's funny! We once applied for a little boy named Peanut. Honest to goodness legal name.