Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 27, 2009

After a night of tossing and turning, I put my children on the bus and I went back to bed. I turned the ringer off. I turned the ringer OFF. I turned the #%*$&* ringer OFF!! I woke up 3 hours later to not one but TWO messages from D*S*S. A possible placement. I called back only to find that the BOYS had already been placed with another family. Yes. Boys. Plural. I am trying not to get discouraged. I know that God MUST have something better for us. HE HAS TO!!! Yes, they were the EXACT age range that I was hoping for. Siblings...7 months and 20 months... He MUST have something better.... It was an emergency situation that they needed to place them asap...If I had the ringer on....but then, I have to be satisfied in the fact that God makes NO mistakes...right?!?!? I was trying to catch up on sleep. I wanted to get up before my children got off the bus and finish up some last minute cleaning before Baby Tulip came this afternoon. I'm sure He has something better... I opened my email to find a note from Daisy's new family and some pictures of her with Baby 'C'. He's grown SO much. When he was placed with we weren't sure if he's ever walk or talk and now he's thriving with his forever family. So, I will finish my work and look forward to spending my weekend lavishing love on Baby Tulip. Did I mention I turned the ringer off??? Mistake or coincidence?!?!

3 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my gosh!! I can just imagine all the emotions going through you right now!!

I believe that forsure....it was a GOD thing and that He does have a perfect plan for you! This was obviously not meant to be for these two boys to come to you or it would have happened!!

Still praying!! Maybe it was to let you know that in your heart you truly are not ready to give up on this dream God has placed in you!! :)

The Brothers said...

Not mistake. Not coincidence.
Part of the PLAN!!!

D said...

coincidence? Not when it comes to the children God gives us to care for. I believe these children go exactly where God intends them to.
Part of the plan, I really do believe that.