Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 26, 2009

Sweet Daisy, A year ago today you were placed into my arms and I am speechless at what God has done in your short life. You were born into a world that 'saves the trees' and 'kills the children'. I am sorry that your birth was not a more celebrated day. You spent the first 7 months of your life in a place that, I'm sure, God was with you every minute. He must have been or I don't think you would have survived as long as you did. Then 'the call' was made and in that one moment...your destiny changed forever. First, you were brought here. As I held you in my arms I prayed that God would heal your little heart. We hoped that you still had that capacity to learn to love. We sang and played with you and most importantly... we prayed for your forever family. We were so open to loving you forever but God obviously had a different plan. After 11 months you are finally where God intended you to be. You have a new family. Your little heart is healed and you are with a couple that takes NOTHING for granted. You are loved and cherished. We are so happy for you. A year ago today I was unsure of your future but God has always had you in the palm of HIS hand. Your life has been forever changed for the better. I thank God for giving us the privilege of loving you and I now know you are where you were born to be.

Sweet Daisy, "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

beautifully written