Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 27, 2009

Baby Tulip is here. I understand a bit more (possibly) why God would choose to hold of on blessing us with boys right now. Sweet Baby Tulip is a bit of a DrAmA QuEEn!!! (A women after my own heart!) I have tried to imagine what she's been through these past few weeks and I would cry too. From her birth mom to a foster mom to daycare to me. A bit much for an infant. She is settled in for the night and I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend. I have had to keep reminding myself that God makes no mistakes. I'm trying to be ok with that. We lost Daisy. We put our 5 year old dog to sleep 10 days later. Saturday, my grand dad was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer and tonight he just had a major heart attack. I missed a call that I thought I was waiting for (this morning)... Seriously?!?! Can I really take much more of this??? I'm trying hard to trust Him and believe that He is holding me. It's hard to see through my tears....

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

such a lot to go through in a short period. God is good, though, and he hasn't forgotten you. Praying for peace and his will to be made clear!