Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 18, 2009

We cancelled this weeks visit due to scheduling conflicts. Next week there will be 2 visits. Poor thing!

My sweet Daisy has the flu. She is congested and lethargic. Hopefully we get more sleep than last night. I wish I had more to report on her forever family. I have heard NOTHING!! I'm a bit shocked that the prospective family has not come knocking on my door to see her but then...I thought that maybe they don't even know yet. If DSS were to give me 'the call' I've been waiting for I'd be on his doorstep as soon as possible. So...I've run through every possibility in my mind and the best I can come up with is...maybe they just don't know yet. Daisy will celebrate her 18 month birthday soon. For her sake I hope this is soon. We will miss her...but I know it's for the best. If only I could hand her over to someone that I know. To a place where I'd be able to hear about how she's doing. Ok, back to reality...More updates soon...

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

maybe they don't know- sometimes DHS is so slow. I hope they are able to come and see her this week. I hope you feel comfortable when you meet them and feel good about the whole situation. Foster care is hard sometimes.