Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 9, 2009

It's crazy how things turn out... Especially when it's the way you'd least expect it. I put another call in today to the supervisor at DSS. I didn't expect to hear back since last time I called was 3 weeks ago and I was still waiting...I digress... My intentions were to touch base and make sure the caseworker knew we were still here and to let her know we were open for another placement. She went on to say that yes...we are on the open list. Her next question was if we were interested in keeping Daisy or not. I really wasn't planning on talking about that just yet. It seems the longer I put that subject off...the less realistic it will be that she is leaving. BUT since we already made our decision, I told her 'no'...as hard as it will be to see her go, we really have the desire to adopt and parent a boy. Without hesitating she told me of who she had in mind as adoptive parents for Daisy...I am a bit in shock over WHO it is... More on that later... It seems that since Daisy's 12 year mark is around the corner they are working on 'concurrent planning' (see...I paid attention in MAPP Class) and even though we've been here stressing about a family for her and her future...God has surely been good.

Anyway...visit went well. Daisy came home very angry with me for leaving her. Knowing what I know now...I am even more optimistic about her future. With today's news...I'm not sure how much longer she'll be with us. So, um, how do I say goodbye?

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

oh, what a situation. I'm glad you can be honest about what you feel is right for you all, though, even when it's hard. will pray for Daisy and your family!