It's been a long week in our neck of the woods. Of course, thinking about Felix has taken up much of my time. I find myself wondering what he looks like or if he's happy. When he was placed with us my wildest dreams, it seemed, came true. I remember just staring at him for HOURS and thanking God for the opportunity to love on him as if he were our own. It was an amazing feeling carrying this sweet tiny (5 lb) baby BOY from the hospital without having to endure the pain of pregnancy or recovering from surgery. We were blessed. We still are.
Anyway, last weeks visit went well. When I left Daisy with the bios last week for their visit I hoped for the best. She has been very temperamental lately and is really starting to notice when I leave her. I was a bit late picking her up but it wasn't a problem. There were few words exchanged between the caseworker and I (about the visit) but as far as I know...all went well.
This week's visit has been cancelled. Psycho Chick has some issues (you're telling me?!?!) and will be unable to make it. I can't say that I'm upset...I really feel that it's a blessing that Daisy is too young to remember all of this. We have again been confronted with the decision on whether or not we'd like to adopt. Who makes that decision lightly??? I keep saying that God has SOME sense of humor...we started out on this journey to adopt a baby boy. And here we are with a GIRL! I don't know what to do other than pray for clarity. It's such a difficult decision to make.
4 comments:
Sorry it's so hard!! I can't even imagine!
I forgot to email you to ask you for your friend request on FB!!! Can you email me again!!
Praying for clarity seems to be the prayer I pray often!! Little Cherry pie is being moved to the other foster home today. I need clarity to know if I should even continue this journey with DHS!
I hope God answers your prayers...
xo
Kathleen
wow. I can't imagine facing that decision. you have 4 girls already?! Are they already pushing for termination?
Buy her a baseball hat and call it good :)
Post a Comment