Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
March 14, 2009
Twice! 2 weeks in a freakin' row! I fell prey to the 'call'. You know what I'm talking about. When you check the caller I*D to see who's on the phone and you see THE number. The D*S*S number!!! Of course I picked it up and of course I said yes...I'd be willing to supervise this weeks visit too....WHAT #(*#(*^@!!!!! It's kind of like verbal diarrhea. You speak to the caseworker and try to 'help' them see your point but you wind up talking in circles (kind of like I'm doing now) and saying YES to things you REALLY should be running from....far away from! OK, so I DID supervise the visit, once again reminding the caseworker (who had some 'conference' scheduled during visit time @@) that I WOULD NOT be held responsible should my sweet Daisy call ME mommy. I should have started out by saying that Psycho Chick and Bio dad are BACK TOGETHER!!!!! ShOCkeR!!!! They BOTH came to the visit (better prepared than last week). It amazes me how fast Psycho CHick can get under my skin (note to self: wear thicker skin when dealing with Psycho Chick:::). The MINUTE she saw me walk into our neutral location she questioned WHY Daisy had on a certain outfit. HELLO!?!?! YOU bought it for her!!! OOPS! Bio dad actually saves the day when he's around because Psycho Chick is CLUELESS when it comes to taking care of Daisy. So I sat and read a book while they had their visit. I DID curse myself for actually agreeing to supervise the children in the 1st place. And swore repeatedly that I WILL NOT say yes if caseworker asks me again! Aside from major diarrhea (from all the juice that Psycho Chick gave her) and a runny nose (that I will just be THRILLED to blame on Psycho Chick and Bio Dad) Daisy survived the torture...I mean visit. We got home, cleaned her up and put her down for some well deserved beauty rest and the phone rang. It was caseworker asking how the visit went. I reminded him of our desire to adopt some BOYS and told him that we were still waiting and he proceeded to tell me that he is aware of our desire and we're at the 'top of the list'. (Yeah, like he makes THAT call) Then he went on to tell me of a scheduling dilemma next week and asked if I'd be willing to supervise the visit again... YEaH...um...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I did stick to my guns, told him I already had something scheduled (which I do...now). :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so know what you mean about seeing that number on the phone!!
It's so weird that foster parents are called to supervise visits where you live. Here in my state, it's like, a major no-no. When we drop kids off for visit (which are ALL held at the branch office) there are even separate entrances for the fosters - on the opposite side of the building. You never even run into the birth family and kids can be in care for years before you even catch a glimpse of them.
Post a Comment