Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

March 16, 2009

Why is it that I can talk to a MILLION people and have a clear mindset but the second I have to speak to ANYONE at D*S*S...my thoughts turn into mush and I have to stumble through my words?!?!??! It drives me CRAZY!!! Anyway, I just hung up with the foster care supervisor. Ok, well, I didn't actually SPEAK directly to her...I left a message. Something about "harassing the caseworker" and "what I'm entitled to". Doesn't sound too good huh? I think I was a bit more organized in my thinking and HOPEFULLY some good will come out of this! :) On a lighter note...I was nominated for the Sisterhood Award!!!! I have never been nominated for ANY awards so THANK YOU Fostermama! In turn I have the privilege of making some nominations! SOOO, without further ado...

Fostermama over at http://afostermamaslife.blogspot.com/ has been kind enough to present me with The Sisterhood award. Thank you so much Fostermama!
As with all great awards, there are rules:

1) Put the logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude.
3) Be sure to link to your nominees in your post.
4) Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
5) Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.


I nominate:

Bri over at "jOyOuS jOuRnEys" http://wachsmanns.blogspot.com/

Kathleen over at "The Everyday Ellis" http://ellisevents.blogspot.com/

Brit over at "The Chambers Family Adoption" http://www.chambersadoption.blogspot.com/

N. Pope over at "Journey to Josie" http://jouneytojosie.blogspot.com/

Dawnelle over at "Joie" http://dawnelle.blogspot.com/

"The Brothers Mama" http://www.lewisboys.blogspot.com/

L over at "You could ALWAYS adopt" http://prayingforbaby.blogspot.com/

The fostermom over at http://foster2adoptnewbies.blogspot.com/

Wendi and JB over at "Life in the Polar North Defrosts" http://flakymn.blogspot.com/

Deb over at "Who says 8 is Enough?" http://bouffard11.blogspot.com/

*Reality is this... This Foster Care thing is hard. It's emotionally and physically draining. I have never had as much stress in my life until I started fostering. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that there are four less children in this screwed up system because of the love I gave them. Not saying I'm perfect but this is what helps me get through the day...I can't save them all...but if it's only for this ONE...then I wouldn't change a thing. And if no one has told you today that they appreciate you...then THANK YOU!...I appreciate you. You're making a difference in the life of a child.*














3 comments:

The Brothers said...

YAYYYYY! And thank you for appreciating me...I appreciate you, too :)

Mrs. Breum said...

thanks and thanks for all YOU do!

debi9kids said...

Thanks so much for the fun award!