Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 5, 2009
Last weeks visit went well. We're still only at a 2 hour visit because the caseworker's schedule is just too crazy but I'm sure things will change soon. Psycho Chick and bio dad were waiting and Daisy seemed a little apprehensive but went to Psycho Chick with her eyes firmly glued on me. As soon as the caseworker came into the waiting room Daisy seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. On a different note, I ALMOST brought home an 11 month old boy but since we were on our way to a weekend vacation, he had the child already placed. But at least he 'thought of me' and 'we're gettin' the next one'. So we'll just wait and see about that. I thought December was my month but who knows. Maybe it'll be January or March or August... I'm STILL waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh. how exciting! I miss getting the calls telling me that had a child that needed a home...
Post a Comment