Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 7, 2009


How crazy is my life. A whole year has gone by since we brought sweet baby Felix home from the hospital. I can't help but think that he should still be here. He is now a year old and has no memories of our late nights snuggling on the couch. He'll never remember how I sang to him or how much we love him. He'll never know. I sometimes think about giving up on this whole journey but then I remember the way it felt to hold him in my arms when I thought that he was going to be our little boy. And I know I can't give up because I'd give anything for that feeling again. So, I'll wait.

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Oh. I remember that feeling all too well. I have had many little ones come and go and it never gets easier. (that's how you know you are doing your "job" right)

What a beautiful little one. Even if he doesn't have memories, the impression you made on his life will last forever.
Blessings to you.