Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

December 26, 2008

Daisy's Christmas visit with Bio Dad and Psycho Chick went well, I assume. The sent her home with lots of smokey smelling clothes, videos and stuffed animals. They also, surprisingly, sent her home with age appropriate toys, warm socks and mittens. Extended family was there to greet a very unsure Daisy. She was hesitant to go to Bio Dad with was ok with the transition from me to him. Psycho Chick seems like she's understanding more that I am only there because of HER actions that put Daisy in care. I think that she is starting to see me as less of a threat. Her attitude towards me has changed considerably in the last few weeks. I guess that's her Christmas present to me...

On a brighter note...December has always been an interesting month for us. We were called with Baby 'C' and Felix in December. I have been trying to get 'life' in order with hopes that our house will have our 'open' space filled. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I pray a safe and healthy Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: