Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 12, 2009
Daisy's visit was cancelled again last week. Psycho Chick and bio dad thought the roads were too bad. Kind of funny if you think about it. They DO rely on public transportation. ANYWAY...Update on Daisy: She is now blowing kisses. It's THE cutest thing EVER! Her sweet little lips squish together to make the 'kiss' sound and she blows the 'kiss' with her hand. TOO CUTE! She is walking full time now. Actually, she has been for a while. She babbles and 'tells' us what she thinks about EVERYTHING! Talk about drama. When I tell her it's time for bed she says "no". She understands when I say 'lay down' and she immediately complies. Whether it's for a bottle or a diaper change. That's next. Getting rid of the bottle. I know it's going to be a struggle and it may take a while. I'm thinking about going cold turkey. But it really is still the only time I get to snuggle her. She always has been extremely independent. She is almost 15 months old. I try to take her 'situation' in to consideration and justify it by saying that (most likely) for the first 7 months of her life her bottle was propped. So a few more months on the bottle won't hurt anybody. We'll see. More soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She's already babbling and her speech sounds well advanced, so her bottle isn't hurting her any. I say keep snuggling!
Post a Comment