Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
May 17, 2008
I feel like I should give up. I don't know IF I expected to hear anything about this little one we inquired on. I would have liked to know if our home study was one of the three chosen to be submitted to the adoption committee. Friday came and went without a phone call. It's extremely hard to keep the faith especially when this one would stay forever. Such a tease. I have been thinking what types of change would take place in the house but it's nothing that is negative. I think having this baby on our house would be a blessing. Not to be too naieve...I am aware that there may be issues but that is something we knew when we signed on. I have said this before but I'm not sure if I want to foster anymore. I love having children in the house but I don't know if we can take them leaving anymore. I don't know what I'll do if this doesn't work out. I feel we've exhausted every option. I also know that I am a person of faith. And the meaning to the word faith, as I've learned, is: When you come to the end of all the light you know and you're about to step into the darkness of the unknown. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen. There will be solid ground to stand on or you will be taught to fly. I has not been easy to just 'trust' and wait. But that's all I have. I've taken EVERY step humanly possible to find our son. I have to let God do the rest. So, if this is 'the one' I have nothing to worry about...RIGHT??!??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment