Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
May 13, 2008
It has been hard to sit back and ...'wait'. I really DO hate that word! We have inquired about a little one and we have had to be quite patient. We were told by a worker in that county that the process may take quite a long time. We got a phone call yesterday by the adoption worker in our county. She proceeded to tell me that the caseworker will have narrowed down home studies to 3 by the end of this week. WE are one of the home studies that were submitted. I am not sure how long the process will take after that...but I will wait. Because that is what I was told to do. I am not sure how many other home studies were submitted along with ours but I know that when the caseworker narrows it down to 3 ...those 3 will be submitted to a committee to choose what family will best suit this little one. I have totally had to leave it in God's hands fully trusting that HE knows what's best for our family. I really hope to find out either way...if we are chosen or not. Till then...I'll wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fingers and toes crossed for you!
Post a Comment