Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

February 28, 2008

Lately I've been trying to understand what could possibly keep a mother from her child. There aren't to many reasons that I can come up with. I didn't carry Felix for 9 LONG months and plan for his delivery. I didn't feel him move inside me or hear his first cry. But after 9 short weeks...He is mine. I am so in love. I could compare my love for him to that of my biological children. In my heart he is mine...until 'they' tell me otherwise. I am unable to grasp how a drug could make you feel SO good that you forget you have a child. I know that it can be over at any minute. It started with a phone call and it will end with one too. But I am at peace knowing that God loves Felix infinitely MORE than I EVER could. Felix was HIS before he was ever mine.

No comments: