On Monday (2/22) Doodle had a 10:30 visit with her mom. I took Sprout out for the hour during the visit. We brought Doodle home, got Sprout on the bus for preschool and ran a few errands. I got in at 2:45 and my cell rang about 3pm. It was the worker. Doodle's mom had court at 1:30 and the judge ordered Doodle home because her mom found housing. I was extremely confused but the worker asked me to bring her up with her things for 3:30. I packed a bag, grabbed her formula and got in the car. (I did keep a few things here in case she comes back again) I do not understand how or why but there's no room for questions. I dropped her off with her mom and the worker. It was extremely awkward. I reminded mom that she had my cell if she needed anything. On the drive home I called the preventive worker. She said she had just heard too and was very surprised that Doodle was going home. She told me it's a good thing that I kept some things at the house 'just in case'. My heart breaks for the baby girl who was finally getting settled in and smiling more. Praying for her and her mama...
P.S.- Thinking I'd get a good night's sleep I went to bed a few minutes later than normal only to be woken up by Sprout every hour from 11:45pm until 6:30am vomiting. It's been 2 days and he is doing better now.
1 comment:
Catching up on your posts. Thank you so much for sharing. Bless you so much for opening your heart and home to Doodle, knowing your heart will be broken, knowing she needs you so much!
Post a Comment