Not sure if my agency home finder realizes that I haven't taken a placement since Lil' Peanut in December of 2011?? (He left us after 6 months to go to a relative)
Does she realize I have an open bed?
Does she realize she asked me to be honest with these people?
Does she realize that if I had an actual PLACEMENT right now I could say what foster care actually is like?
She thinks because I'm on the 'other' side right now I'll tell everyone to foster...
What I'll actually say is that if they sign on, take the classes and get certified..BECAUSE they're NEW they have a better chance of getting a placement than I DO...even after 7 years!!!
Um, I said all that to say I have an open bed!! RING PHONE...RING!!!!
2 comments:
Do what I do and make the weekly "Just calling to see if you need anything from me" call. I firmly believe they get me new placements because they're sick of hearing my voice every Monday morning. :-)
They would never allow me on the panel during new foster parent orientation. They knew I would answer ALL questions too honestly for their tastes!
Post a Comment