Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 28, 2013

My boy...

This boy has our hearts.  We absolutely could NOT love him more...  God is amazing.  So many babies have been in our home and God chose SPROUT to be ours!! We are so blessed.  A while back, I posted about the dreams I had to walk down the street with my sons chubby hand in mine.  Now, I have the privilege of doing that everydayDaily, I am blown away by God's faithfulness!  I always hear '"God won't give you more than you can handle.."  I disagree.  It is in the chaos and the feelings of being overwhelmed that God's glory can be shown.  HIS strength is perfect.  In our weakness HE is strong.  God will give us things that are out of our comfort zone and he will stretch us.  At times it will hurt and feel like we can't take another step.  I've been there.  It's a hard, dark, lonely place.  But the second you realize He is RIGHT THERE with you...HE takes your burden and gives you HIS peace.  This f0ster c@re journey has taught me much about faith.  He has proven to be faithful. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family. God is faithful. Sometimes when we are so deep in it we cant see what his plan is. That is where I am right now.

Mandy said...

"It is in the chaos and the feelings of being overwhelmed that God's glory can be shown. HIS strength is perfect."

My favorite line. I have seen this so often this past year.