Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 8, 2012

She's pregnant.  I spoke to a foster parent friend of mine who happens to live on bio mom's street.  She has spoken to bio mom on many occasions.  I asked her to ask bio mom if she was pregnant. She told me she had already asked.  Bio mom is about half way through her pregnancy...around 20 weeks.  I know that this means she'll most likely surrender Sprout now.  But what does this mean for the new baby!??!  She has another u/s at 25 weeks to find out the gender.  So many emotions...not sure how to process them.  I know that the workers all told me that this would happen...so I kind of expected it.  Bio mom actually told my friend that they didn't let her keep Sprout because of the fact that she was homeless when he was born but she'll be able to keep this next one. 

1 comment:

MamaFoster said...

i am glad that this will probably mean a quicker ending for sprouts case.

i know it is stressful to think about the next one, but don't let it take away from what God is doing. Plus, she will loose the next one and if it doesn't work out for you to take them I bet there is a family that has been waiting for a little one just like you waited for sprout.