Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

March 17, 2012

This week was interesting.  Monday's visit went as scheduled.  Afternoon visit.  Sprout came home hungry.  Wednesday was a no call.  So there was no visit.  Friday morning the agency worker called to tell me that bio mom did call and that he would pick Sprout up for 8:30am.  I planned on Sprout being gone from 9-1 but I got a call at 9:10am from the agency worker.  He said that when he got to bio mom's apartment she met him outside and wanted to bring Sprout in herself.  He told her he had to see the apartment and would follow her in.  When we entered he saw some guy passed out on the couch.  The worker told bio mom that whoever it was had to leave in order for Sprout to be able to stay.  She said that she told him to leave but he refused.  The worker said that the visit was cancelled then.  She started crying and said "but he treats me so good".  She chose her boyfriend over her son.  How horrible is it that I hope she's pregnant?!?!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't believe she has unsupervised visits!

VolleyMom said...

I am so glad the worker went in to check.

Mrs. Breum said...

Why would you hope she is pregnant?

StarfishMom said...

I know it's a completely selfish statement in itself but reality is (and the caseworker reminded me of this)... This is WHAT SHE 'DOES'. It's her M.O. The sad part about it is that it would be a whole other journey with another baby :(