Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 15, 2012
I know it's been a while since I've posted last but there's been a lot going on and I've needed time to sort it all out and deal with it before actually posting about it. Early last week the agency worker called to tell me that the permanency report paperwork was sent out and if I had any questions when I received it that I could call her. When I asked her if there was anything in there that I should be worried about I was extremely anxious at her hesitation to answer. She explained that they cannot put that Sprout is 'in a pre-adoptive home' because it would contradict that they (the county) are working their hardest to help reunify Sprout and his mom. Since our last court date (in November) his mom has only missed 2 visits (as opposed to missing visits more often than not for the 7 months prior). Since she is doing better we will go back to court in 6 months rather than every 3 (like we've been doing since July). Kind of ironic that the court paperwork was being written up as the new county worker observed (thru one way glass) his bio mom being inappropriate with him at a visit this week. I reminded her that he has UNsupervised visits for 4 hours 2 days a week at her house... If you don't like what you're seeing at an unsupervised visit at D$$ then maybe we should reconsider the visit schedule... Anyway, she said that going back to court in 6 months might be a bit much for mom to keep up her 'mom of the year' act and she'll give up. Did anyone think that maybe their plan might backfire, she'll do ok and get him back by the skin of her teeth!?!?! Then we'd have to wait for something to happen to him or his safety to be in jeopardy to get him back in care. Who wants that to happen!??! Not me!! The county worker also told me that in 6 months that might give her enough time to get into trouble so I really have nothing to worry about. (Yeah...right) So, court is at the end of the month. We have to wait and see what Sprout's lawyer has to say (I will call to meet up with her and explain my concerns) and what the judge will decide (because I was told that he can over rule the county's decision). As of our court date Sprout will be in care for 13 months...his whole life. I am praying so hard for God's will for our family to be clear. For God to give us peace if we are to release this boy or the strength to fight like he11 to keep him. But even then, I know as hard as I am praying to keep him...his mother is praying for him to come home. You tell ME what's fair....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you have been there for me through all of the craziness I have been through and I just want to remind you that the DHS worker literally called me up and told me LIZZY WAS GOING HOME. She called the bios and told them SHE WAS BEING RETURNED BY THE END OF THE WEEK and she never went home. They went into court and it was as if it was never even brought up.
GOD will have HIS way.
Post a Comment