Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 21, 2012

Complete and utter frustration when the agency worker dropped Sprout off from his 4 hours visit yesterday. His visit is from 9am to 1pm.  She didn't feed him breakfast OR lunch.  Her excuses...you asK?!?!   "Well, I offered him peaches and he didn't want them and then he slept through lunch...."    

4 comments:

aka. Mimi said...

That drives me crazy!!! If the MOM isn't smart enough to feed her own kid, the AGENCY WORKER certainly needs to be!

Kelly said...

UGH!!!

MamaFoster said...

you need to note all of this-

(I felt like it never did me any good to document anything until I saw the termination petition that was written for Lizzy that contains all the info, dates and documentation word for word that I had provided to these workers that had not been on the case for more than a month or two)

-and if this happens around 3 times you need to call Baby's lawyer.

Please tell me he has one....

Jenn said...

Hi. I found your blog a few months ago. My husband and I are also foster parents. Our problem with feeding at visits is the opposite.. the parents will feed "A" who is 17 mths a full bag of dorittos, a pack of sour patch kids, and 2-3 bottles of kool aid. She doesn't even use a bottle here! Her worker says "well this is the best they've done so far. At least they are feeding her." Drives me crazy!!