Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

November 6, 2011

Trying to purge and make room for new baby.  Paperwork should be here this week.  My agency supervisor said since we're certified...it should be a breeze to get through the 'red tape'.  Even though he's in another state we're hoping to expedite this whole process.  I really want him home as soon as possible.  I'm trying to keep balanced and stay focused on what God wants.  My flesh is just really excited at the prospect that this dream I've had for quite some time now has the chance to come to fruition and I just am breathless at the thought that I could be holding my TWO boys soon.  Mind blowing... 

Sprout has a visit with bio dad tomorrow.  Now that I've met him I think I'm ok with him visiting for a little while (not that I'd have a choice).  We are in the process of changing up some things in the house to make room for the new baby.  The boys will share a room and I am getting giddy just thinking about decorating a room for BOYS!!  Praying for whoever is taking care of this new sweet baby boy (who needs a blog name...hmmm, Sprout and.... New baby boy!!)  Whoever is taking care of New Baby boy has been getting a ton of my prayers.  If this works out I PRAY that they haven't been waiting for a LONG time (like we waited for Sprout) only to be told that he is leaving to go with family.  I'm hoping they are praying for a family for him as much as we are praying for his future with us.  Knowing FULL WELL that God has been in the details I am STILL praying HIS WILL be done in this situation.  PLEASE keep New Baby boy in your prayers!!!


:) A few weeks ago there was a HUGE consignment sale and I sold some stuff to make a bit more space in the playroom.  When the sale was over there was quite alot left so the director told me to grab what I wanted because she only had limited space to get it all hauled away.  I grabbed an infant seat that was like NEW,  a pair of ice skates, some sneakers for Sprout and a Baby Ei*n$tein infant activity mat. I actually grabbed it 'just in case'.  With foster care you never know when that call could come in.  And since I;d sold my other 2 infant car seats with my double stroller (as a twin set) I grabbed the extra, again, 'just in case'.

 Fast forward to today...I was out with one of my kiddos earlier and I was asked if I got the baby activity mat because I knew we were getting New Baby boy.  I explained to her how God knew what would happen and He knows what the future holds for New Baby boy.  Trusting Him to reveal His plan for our family and close the door if it's NOT His will! 

2 comments:

MamaFoster said...

so excited for you :)

Kelly said...

I am so beyond excite for you about this!!!!! That last line is exactly my prayer about my possible additions: Close the door if it is not God's will and open it if it is. Because if the door opens I WILL walk through and trust it is God's will. :)

The anticipation of possible additions is so intense for me right now and I can tell it is for you as well. Neat to walk this with someone else. Thank you for sharing.

But isn't it hard not knowing all the details and not having a time frame. Boy, it is for me. I am going nuts. :)