Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

August 12, 2011

My Dear Sweet Sprout,

        Today is a day I want to remember.  The sun was shining, the sky was as blue as your eyes and the clouds were perfectly formed white puffs in the sky.  I held you a little bit tighter and kissed your tiny little nose as you slept in my arms.  Today is the day I feel like this journey is going exactly where I want it to go.  We started out unsure of the outcome but hopeful that God was holding our hands.  Even now, I know HE is leading us.  If every day were like today, this journey would be SO much easier...but I know that life is supposed to have struggles to keep us focused on the One who holds us in His hand. Today, when your agency worker came to pick you up, he told me that your paternal grandma (your daddy's mom) decided that she has too much going on right now to take custody of you.  She met you the day you were born and was re-introduced to you 6 months later.  She has held you all of 3 times in your life.  I don't totally understand all that has been said, so I'll only explain the things I'm sure of.  I am relieved that this was her decision because you see, it means that I can keep you longer.  Your routine will stay the same and I still get to wake up to your sweet smile and your morning breath every day.  I have the chance to watch you take your first step and see the first tooth that has been the source of all this drooling.  Maybe you'll be here long enough to call me 'mama'.  I can only hope.  But for now this journey, this road we've been called (and chosen) to walk, has gotten a bit easier.  I love you, my sweet boy and we hope and pray that we get to call you ours forever.  xox

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

so glad to hear it :)

debi9kids said...

<3
I know that feeling SO well....