Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

August 17, 2011

I've come a long way.  I used to find myself afraid of the pain I'd be in if I lost my sweet boy.  I now find myself afraid of how I'll 'let go' when it's time for him to go to school or scrapes he'll get on the soccer field.  I got a call from the county worker and she said that paternal grandma definitely does not want to take on a baby right now AND she has been encouraging the donor bio dad to surrender his rights also.  I just can't stop smiling. 

Home finder called and asked if we'd take a special needs baby girl.  She will be here tomorrow.  More on that later....

No comments: