The highlights were as follows:
*county lawyer asked for an increase in visitation
*bio mom's lawyer called her missing visits since May 'a hiccup in visitation'
*Sprouts lawyer was offended at the 'hiccup' terminology because 'there should be NO REASON a mother is kept from her son'.
*'The donor' did NOT ask for visitation for Sprout because he felt that Sprout is too young to be subjected to the 5 hour drive and shouldn't see his
*Sprout's lawyer asked to reconvene in 90 days instead of 60 days because this is bio mom's 3rd child she's represented and this shouldn't be prolonged.
The judge agreed with Sprouts lawyer so we'll be back doing this (court) again in 3 months. I am wondering why 'the donor' didn't ask to see the son he so desperately is claiming is his. I wonder if paternal gma's doubts are settling in with him. Or maybe (just maybe) he is a decent guy and really DOES want to spare his son from the stress of travel. After court I met with the county worker again and she said I was 'cute' when I spoke about Sprout in court. Not sure what that means. She also said that she thinks bio mom will give up with visits and that in 3 months we'll be looking at either the beginning of TPR or a surrender. She also said that paternal gma is the 'wild card ' right now. Not sure what will happen there. Hmm, too much to ponder. Right now, I'm gonna just trust God that HE has this WHOLE situation in the palm of His hand. I am also wondering if paternal gma risks losing the granddaughter she has custody of if her house does not clear certification (due to structural damage). Much to think about. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on the info given. What do YOU think will happen?!?!
3 comments:
I think in three months mom will have hung herself (not literally) and paternal gma will have given up or been deemed unsuitable and you will be on your way to adopting your little guy. Hang in there. I empathize with you and the level of stress you are under. God is with you and in control. May God grant you peace during this season.
It sounds like to me that eventually "Sprout" will be yours, it's just going to take lots of patience and perseverance on your part. I know I don't know you at all, but I have follwed your story for a while now. I myself have a foster child that will be returning back to his mom soon and we are currently working with an adoption agency (facilitator) waiting on our baby. I know it's hard, (I KNOW IT'S HARD!)but remember, she will always be the one that God chose to bring forth Sprout's life. For that reason alone, be thankful for her. Also, she was once Sprout too, but didn't have you in her life or someone like you to guide her. She's only repeating the ONLY thing she knows.
I pray for you to have "true peace" in your storm. Read Acts 27-28. Paul was in a mighty "Perfect Storm" and God promised refuge, but not before he was tossed about it the waves and biten by a viper...however GOD'S PROMISE SUSTAINED HIM.
Keep the faith,
Leann Ford
oh gosh...i am guessing by the next court date mom will have missed more than half the visits between now and then. they will discuss TPR...don't know if they will file for it quite yet and by then you will know what is up with this crazy gma.
the end result is still a little too far off for me to guess
:)
Post a Comment