Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 28, 2011

Sprout is 7 months old.  How quick time is going...  What a smart, strong, sweet boy I have.  I am truly blessed.  He is so amazing.  He is learning new things every day.  He can now:

* sing.  He LOVES to make noise!
* army crawl.  He pulls himself along with his arms.
* take his socks off.  He does NOT like his feet to be covered!!
* wearing size 3 diaper.
* still in 6-12 mo clothes.
* taking a pacifier.  Especially at night.
* taking the bottle. About 6 ounces every 4 hours
* eating baby food and cereal.  We've tried all stage 1 and 2                 fruits and veggies.  He LOVES them!
* loves puffs and will literally 'sing' for his food!
* still LOVES to jump in the jumper00 :)
* LOVES the pool or any type of water!!
* not sleeping through the night.
* LOVES nursery rhymes and songs
* loves to clap hands. but cannot do it on his own yet
* has the best smile :)

With every month that gets closer to our 12 month mark...I get more and more anxious.  My sweet baby boy turned 7 months old.  I did not forget to document it.  For some reason I am scared.  Scared that he could be with his paternal g-ma for next months update.  Scared that I could lose him.  To be honest, there IS a very small part of me that is completely at peace in knowing Sprout is OURS.  I just wish that small part would take over all the big parts :(  No new updates on the paternal g-ma. As far as I know, she has not filed her paperwork yet.  Many thoughts have run thru my head.  At court, hubby heard them say that she is getting a lawyer.  Then the craziness began in my head. 

But then I hear that strong, still voice saying...

"Trust me.  I've GOT this. This is NOT your battle to fight.  Leave it to me. I will carry you through." 

And then, I'm ok.  Just like that. 

Not to say there is no fear.  I'm human.  But I hold tight to the fact that these words are coming from His mouth and I'm at peace again. 

I trust Him.  If I've learned anything from this 6 year journey...I trust Him. 

1 comment:

MamaFoster said...

i am excited for you to hit the 12 month mark too.