Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
June 16, 2011
Had the visit with paternal g-ma. It was an hour. After I dropped Sprout off the case worker called to see if I was ok and ask if I wanted Sprout dropped off to me instead of having to go back and pick him up. He thought it might be easier on me... yeah right :/ Anyway, agency worker said that she does want custody. Court is in 2 weeks. I have been continually surrendering Sprout over to God. I know that this is out of my control. Not sure what will happen but I'm positive that as long as I trust God's plan I'll be ok. While we wait to hear what's happening I got a call for respite. I'll be taking another 6 month old next week for a few days. ANNNNNDDD ANNNNDD I saw Felix. My family and I went out for ice cream and I was SHOCKED to see him there. His bio mom has NO clue who I am because she was high when we had him. She is doing well now and she's clean and sober. It was SO wonderful to hear him laughing and see him playing. His smile is gorgeous and he is just such a happy kid. He'll never know how much we loved him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i can't believe you saw him. what timing. i have been amazed as i have seen how God is ordering our steps as we go as well.
i'll be praying for you friend, please keep me posted.
Continuing to pray and believe for God's best in this situation. (((Hugs)))
That is amazing. So happy you got that closure and so happy bio mom is doing well! Always encouraging to hear some positive! And praying for Sprout and your family. I know how difficult it is :(
UGH. Will be praying for you.
Post a Comment