Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 18, 2011

After seeing (a now 3 1/2 year old) Felix while we were out, I sent his grandma a message thru *FQC3b00k. 

We saw Felix while we were out for ice cream today. It kinda took my breath away. He was with his mom and sister. He was running around, smiling, laughing and playing so sweet with his sister.   My heart was SO happy to just see him in pictures but to actually SEE him in person...breath taking. I am so glad things worked out for his mom. She looks wonderful and healthy. My husband said that when he last saw her Felix was only 2 weeks old. She was high on something. He was SO amazed to see what a change she has made. I ALMOST introduced myself...but lost the nerve. Thanks for keeping me updated these past couple of years. Doesn't always happen that way but it's so nice to see happy endings in foster care. xoxoxo
 
She answered me like this...
 
I'm so glad you were able to see him up close and  I understand your hesitation of introducing yourself but PLEASE know if you run into them again I have told his mom that I keep you updated with photos and how lucky we were that your family took him into your home and hearts. She would be very pleased to meet you again and reintroduce you to Felix...From the bottom of our hearts we were blessed by your family and will be forever grateful.
 
No words.  Just tears :*)

4 comments:

MamaFoster said...

can you believe the timing of this for both of us?? i always call felix "your sabrina" and sabrina "my felix" because of how we feel about them and them being our first foster children.

so crazy, that is an awesome email from gma

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Love this! You were the hands and feet of God to this family and you made a difference. :-)

Beck G. said...

Oh man. I am speechless. That is amazing.

Kelly said...

Incredible and encouraging words.

Makes it all worth it, doesn't it.