Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
May 13, 2011
I wanted to write this all down so I can remember. I dropped Sprout off at his visit today and the county and agency workers were both in the parking lot. I had 3 babies with me and they were peeking in on them all. (Lil' Handsome leaves tomorrow) The county worker came to me and said (in a very apologetic tone) "I'm really sorry if there was any confusion about Sprout leaving. He was NEVER going home in June and everyone who is associated with this case has major concerns about his well-being when he is with his bio mom. We are considering going back to supervised visits and dropping visits down (from 5 hours a week probably to 3) but we have to make sure we do it right so bio mom's defense can't argue. Her parenting skills are lacking so we've asked her to have a cognitive evaluation done and she has agreed (even though it wasn't in the court order) and we feel that will tell us alot about her ability to adequately parent Sprout. We do not take your concerns lightly because most of us here have the SAME concerns so rest assured that our recommendation to the judge is NOT reunification this early." Wanna talk about a sigh of relief?!?!? I was speechless. I feel better now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
glad to hear that they are going to try to do what is best for him. i hope the judge agrees
Hi! I've been following your blog for awhile. We are walking similar paths as our family waits to learn if we will be able to adopt the beautiful little boy we've had for the last 8+ months (he came to us at 3 months). Your post about Abraham and Isaac really struck home with me and ever since I've made a commitment to give our little guy back to God as Abraham gave Isaac, things have started looking more in our favor with his case (I hesitate to say "better" because somebody will suffer a loss here, and that I cannot celebrateqaq). I have been praying for both of us that 1. God's will be done and that that will be in our boys' best interests, and 2. that my son's bio mom will be a better mom than me, whatever the outcome of the case (I felt the need to pray for her but just couldn't bring myself to sincerely pray for her success when deep in my heart I believe this little guy belongs with us but I CAN pray for her to be a better mom than me, because I could NEVER give up my baby, I'm not a good enough mom for that).
So hugs from here and stay the course. Your blog has helped me keep peace on mine.
Glad they agree and see your concerns. Praying the workers and judge will all agree.....
Post a Comment