Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 25, 2011

I probably should have written a bit sooner.  Alot has happened.  After the county worker told me that Sprout wasn't going home in June, she also mentioned that dropping visits down would probably be in the future.  Sprout SCREAMS during the entire visit and the agency worker who supervises doesn't think that it's right to make Sprout suffer because of his mother's inability to care for him.  So, last week, one of our visit days went from 2 hours UNsupervised at her home to one hour supervised.  The next day she had a psych eval.  Sprout was transported by the county worker and I was told that he screamed the ENTIRE time.  Bio mom didn't remember to bring a diaper bag so she had no diapers or bottles.  (Oh, to be a fly on that wall!!!!)  The Dr who performed the eval suggested that mom have MORE time with the baby in hopes (yeah right) of bonding better.  Funny how the next day for her visit...she didn't call to confirm (like she has religiously from day one) her visit time by 9am Friday morning.  I waited there for 15 minutes with the county worker then I was told I was free to go.  She did check her messages ONE last time before letting me leave.  I can't even begin to tell you how fast I left that parking lot.  I didn't want to chance bio mom coming in while I was leaving.  I thought it was a fluke thing and that we'd resume visits as normal but on Monday morning I got a call from the agency worker telling me that she (again) did NOT call to confirm by 9am and the visit was off.  So, two in  a row :)  I took Sprout up to D*S*S for a sibling visit yesterday.  While we played, Sprouts agency and county workers dropped in.  I was told I'll get an earful today about WHY bio mom missed those visits.  I can't wait to see what colorful excuse she has come up with.... 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

BTDT so many times with our birth parents...and oh the excuses. They can come up with some of the worst lies and they actually think we will believe it. If it weren't so sad that they don't care about their kids it would be funny but some how I just can't laugh about how flippant they are about NOT seeing their kids. UGH. Glad she isn't coming though and I hope she doesn't come today.

aka. Mimi said...

It never ceases to amaze me what some of my kids' parents do/say/etc. I've had my current foster baby for nearly two weeks, and they STILL can't find his mother. I'm not even certain that she knows he's in foster care! I just can't imagine not caring where my child was. Definitely interested to hear what Mom's excuse was...

Endless Foster Love said...

I just never ceases to amaze me how the birth parents many times really just don't care......
So glad that Sprout has you:)