Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

May 5, 2011

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone :/  But I STILL wanna shout is from the roof tops!!! 

SPROUT IS NOT GOING HOME IN JUNE!!!!!

The NEW agency worker came to transport for a visit yesterday and said he'd be a little late dropping Sprout off because he and the county worker were going to have a quick meeting with bio mom after the visit. [1st UNsupervised at HER house!]  I asked why and he said that the county does not feel that she's doing what is required of her and that they want her to understand that she needs to STOP jumping to conclusions and he is NOT coming home in June.   {HUGE smile}  She also agreed to a cognitive evaluation (which is NOT in the court order...but she agreed to it!)  and that alone will delay him going home OR go in our favor when it's proven that she is UNABLE to care for him adequately.  I can't believe this.  I just keep praying that EVERYTHING be brought to light to keep Sprout safe.  I keep handing him over to God...every chance I get.  HE IS FAITHFUL!!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

yay! So thankful he will be safe-and so happy for you that he's here for longer, praising Jesus with you!
I know I don't comment enough -I am so sorry-but I always read your posts! Thanks for giving me a inside view into foster care!
Sending hugs from Alberta, Canada
Erin

Beck G. said...

Wahoo! That is great news!

God DOES have a plan for the sweet little guy :)

Kelly said...

Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow!!!

FootPrints said...

i needed some good news today! HAPPY HAPPY

Endless Foster Love said...

What great news!!

MamaFoster said...

so glad to hear it!