Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

March 13, 2011

After Sprout's visit on Friday the agency worker informed me that in 2 weeks Sprout will be going to bio mom's house for a one hour supervised visit then up to D*S*S for a 2 hour Unsupervised visit later in the week.  She is still monitored through one-way glass but still...  Freakin' out here.  I HAVE to trust that God is in control.  My human eyes see this as a HUGE threat but my heart is resting in knowing that God has Sprout in the palm of His hand.  (But my head is freakin' out still...)  I can't understand how we have gotten to this point.  She is only 2.5 months into her case plan and the county has pretty much given her EVERYTHING she has needed.  {I.E- apartment, $$, bus tokens, furniture...}  And now Unsupervised visits.  The agency worker explained to me that it is important for HIM to get unsupervised visits (through one-way glass) because HE HATES to supervise her visits because she is so inappropriate!!!  She talks to the worker the whole time and it drives him CRAZY!  LoL.  I know that God has a plan for Sprout.  This is NOT bio mom's first child.  It is her 3rd.  She has custody of NONE.  {Yes, you read that right}  Not sure why they are choosing to give her these resources NOW after her THIRD child...   Please keep Sprout's situation in your prayers.  Um, and me too.  Because I AM kinda FREAKIN' OUT here!!! :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I completely understand your apprehension. Bless your heart. The emotional roller coaster of foster care is absolutely unbearable at times. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I love your faith and please don't beat yourself up for freaking out. That is your love for your little sprout shining through the chaos and lunacy of the situation. Hang in there.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

This could be a really good thing...a blessing in disguise. :) Maybe it's exactly what needs to happen to so the case worker can observe how she interacts with Sprout on her own. With that said, I totally understand the freaking out!

MamaFoster said...

i would be freaking out too...just because i wouldn't want little man to be miserable the whole time because of her.

this too shall pass...