Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 8, 2011
Baby is doing well (and STILL needs a blog name!!!). It is amazing how little time it took to be completely smitten. Well, I HAVE known about him since November and to be totally honest I DID fall in love with the IDEA of him many weeks ago. I still can't believe he's here. He's growing and changing every day. Bio mom had a visit this week. She came prepared. I know she loves him. I printed out some pics for her...specifically one of her and the boy. She was very grateful. He is sleeping well during the day and getting up a few times at night. We changed his formula this week so we'll see how much better he does. Another baby boy was taken into care this week. He is 3 months old. the agency couldn't find anyone to take him. I volunteered but by the time I called the worker he was placed. I heard from his foster parent that his bio mom didn't show for his first visit this week. That makes me sad. I look back at all we've gone through to get to this point of actually having this baby in this house and I am FLOORED by God's faithfulness. We have already decided as a family that if this baby leaves us we are done fostering. He has been a welcome addition to this family but we're not sure how much more loss we can take. I trust God's heart. He knows my desires. I am at peace with the journey we are on. Please pray that this peace STAYS. I love being at the point of contentment in trusting God's will. I am not always 'there'. But I rest in knowing HE IS FAITHFUL! More soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i wanna give you the biggest hug ever!! where have I BEEN!?! i didnt know you got a placement. now i have to go through and catch up on your posts!!
i'm glad your print photos for her...i did/do the same with all my foster kids. the birth parents love it, and at the same time that can tell how much you love him!
you said everything perfectly! god knows your heart. i am praying for you so hard my friend!
give the little guy a kiss from me while your at it!
i am glad you are enjoying him :)
Post a Comment