Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

December 7, 2009

Well, it looks like someone may have been telling a very big lie. 'Hope' will not give the name of her 'friend' and was very offended when she was asked by the caseworker. I spoke to Owen's foster mom and she was a bit upset that I was so harsh with 'Hope'. It's obvious that 'Hope' called her after me and 'tattled' on me. Owen's foster mom was brought up to speed on why I feel the was I do. It's obvious that she has been kept out of the loop about many detail and now she is more informed she feels the same way I do. If 'Hope' is lying...things will change. I am thankful that my caseworker is not oblivious to what these bio parents can pull and I am able to be 100% honest with him about my feelings and concerns. Owen's foster mom made a good point. She said that we should all get together once a week so everyone is well informed on what's been going on. There are 2 caseworkers {Arizona & Lil' Man have one through the county and Owen has one through an agency} and 2 foster moms {Owen's and myself}. It is so easy for details to be lost in the cracks of communication. Not that I love a good fight or anything but I am ALL ABOUT accountability!!! I see things in black and white. There is NO grey. I am anxious to see how this plays out....

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

I'm not exactly shocked that there probably was no car accident.

create isn't she? :P

StarfishMom said...

Not only creative but convincing too! I was on the phone with her but I heard the tears!!! Maybe she was crying through her convictions...

one could only wish... :)