Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

November 28, 2009

It's been about a week since Arizona started potty training and he's doing well. It just goes to show you how much he'll do for an M*&*M :) He's had some really good days but it seems like he can't go very long without having a tantrum. The caseworker has been trying to explain that he has been living like this for almost 3 years and it will take MUCH longer than 4 months to 'undo' him. I guess that I am naive in thinking that I {alone} can heal him. I can see that he is a hurting little boy and he can't verbalize exactly what he needs or wants. I pray for wisdom DAILY but sometimes I just think that he needs SO much more than I can give him. Lil' Man has been showing his dislike of the word 'NO'. If he is told that he is not allowed to go somewhere or do something he throws a chair or toy or he kicks his feet and screams. It's a little more than normal toddler behavior but he seems a bit more pliable than Arizona.
I am CONSTANTLY reminded WHY we chose to ONLY foster babies.
Then I am quickly reminded that they ARE still babies...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I so get that. Big sister has certainly brought us challenges.

Leah Wentzel said...

i am glad your potty training is going pretty good - ours has been HORRIBLE :) i think i may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though - praise GOD!